Bedtiiiiiiime. Will answer the belated TMI Tuesday questions tomorrow—thanks for sending ‘em! :)
<3 Lets do all of these once I get home
deihiru asked: Do you have any favorite FlutterPie moments?
But of course! :D Here are just a few such moments, in no particular order …
1. “A Hop, Skip, and Jump” Song (from “Dragonshy”)
Just check out Fluttershy’s little smile at the end of Pinkie’s song. It’s tentative but real, and she goes and makes that jump. Because Pinkie believed in her and knew she could. (Also, because they are in love.)
2. “Evil Enchantress” Song (from “Bridle Gossip”)
Fluttershy is all kinds of not wanting to sing Pinkie’s stupid song while under the influence of poison joke, but she does it anyway. She does it for Pinkie. (Because they are in love.)
3. Pinkie Takes on Gilda
for Love for Fluttershy (from “Griffon the Brush-Off”)
"She’s a grump, and a thief, and a bully. The meanest kind of mean meanie-pants there is. I can take it, but no one treats Fluttershy like that. No. One. This calls for extreme measures, Pinkie Pie style."
4. Fluttershy Tackles Pinkie (from “Over a Barrel”)
Fluttershy is so overjoyed that Pinkie Pie is back, safe and sound, that she actually tackles the earth pony to the ground in a crushing hug. (Because they are in love.)
5. The Butterfly Grove (from “Too Many Pinkie Pies”)
"I’ve got so many wonderful friends having fun in every last corner of Ponyville, I can’t figure out how to keep up with it all! It’s driving me even more coco-loco than usual!"
"I can promise to not do anything fun at all if that would help."
"You are such a good friend."
They are so functional and funny and adorable and just so shockingly GOOD FOR EACH OTHER in this scene that I can’t even handle it. When Pinkie gets overloaded, she goes to Fluttershy to calm down, and they have nice quiet(ish) chats with one another, just them and the butterflies, and it’s absolutely perfect. (Because they are in love.)
Drunk karaoke makes everything better!
Dang, son. I want to go out on the town with you guys.
Come to New England! We’ll take you out for a few rounds and help you pick out awesome songs to (drunkenly) sing! :D
babysealburritos asked: What would you consider a great night out on the town?
I like pina coladas … getting caught in the rain …
Ha, ha, NO, those are LIES. Pina coladas are gross and terrible, and I am in fact the Wicked Witch of the West and will melt if it so much as drizzles. So, an actual great night out on the town would look like:
- Dinner first, because food is the best thing. Probably Italian or Mexican.
- A bar or club that isn’t too loud, so you can actually talk to folks without having to scream yourself hoarse, with a pool table and dance floor. Bonus points if there’s karaoke early in the evening, because DRUNK KARAOKE. (“Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots and ruined your black tie affair …”)
- Bonus points for a drag show. Extra bonus points if there are drag kings as well as queens.
- Extra, extra bonus points for Madonna. Bonus points x infinity for “Like a Prayer,” which I will lip-sync to while dancing for the entire duration of the song, it is inevitable, you cannot stop me, don’t even try.
- Jack and Cokes, tequila shots, and/or Snakebites—and keep ‘em coming.
- Bedtime no later than 1 a.m., because I am old now.